Without question, this is probably one of my favorite job sites in the history of my building career. Perched on 30 acres overlooking the river just outside of Stillwater.
We are seeking only the best in the business. We are looking for a project manager with experience in new home construction and remodeling.
If you want to be involved in building the finest homes in the Twin Cities, are highly motivated and organized, and are passionate about home-building then we would love to speak with you.
Please contact our office at 952-697-5590 or send your resume to info@Stonewood.com
Professional Builder 2013 40 Under 40 Awards
Honoring home building’s young leaders
An Olympic-caliber rower, former professional boxer, award-winning chili cook, and cat trainer are among home building’s young superstars to be named 40 Under 40 winners for 2013 by the editors of Professional Builder magazine. The 40 professionals featured in the following pages represent the next generation of leadership and innovation in home building, and they’re all under the age of 40. We proudly present our 40 Under 40 class for 2013.
Original Article: http://bit.ly/179pVZH
PDF of Article: http://bit.ly/128w3gQ
Jeffrey Peder Gustafson, the founder of Stonewood, passed away this morning after a 9 year battle with Pancreatic cancer. He showed his strength, beating all odds in his long survival. Jeff lost his wife Ethel last November to ALS but continued his fight in spite of his heartbreak.
Jeff was a home builder, first and foremost. He’d built hundreds of homes – no one knows the number. Even he lost track. Most were built in Minneapolis, but some were built in Wisconsin, Madeline island, a hospital in California, and some were imported in containers from Sweden, some were round.
- He was real estate developer developing cardinal creek, Olympic hills, several parts of Edina, and many others…
- He built mutli family housing & apartment buildings…
- He was a restaurateur – with the Hot Fish shops, Plums…
- He was a trout Farm owner & bottled water manufacturer.
- He was a manufacturer of small electric products – outlet strips and outdoor lighting sold at target and walmart.
- He was founder of Aspen Realty which eventually became a part of Edina realty.
- He was owner of an excavation company & an electrical company.
- He had a short stint as owner of a roofing business, as a insurance and annuity broker & even a dishwasher when times were tough.
- He was an amateur, though very accomplished landscaper with expertise in planting trees and moving Hosta.
I just always thought of my dad as an artist. As he took the most pleasure in living out his creativity in whatever he was doing, especially in the homes that he built.
He will be missed dearly, but we find peace in that he is reunited with Ethel, his mother Doris, and Christ Jesus.
House price gains in the Twin Cities metro last year were among the best in the nation, according to the latest Case-Shiller house price index, which showed a 12-percent increase in the Twin Cities during December. That was the fifth-biggest among the 20 major metropolitan areas tracked by the group, and another indication that the recovery in the Twin Cities has been one of the strongest in the nation. Phoenix, where investors are driving the recovery, posted the biggest increase, while New York posted a slight decline. We’re working on story for the Wednesday paper, but you can click here for the full report. Also today, the Commerce Department released a report showing that new home sales during January were the best in nearly eight years. Here’s a link to that report.
Original Article – Star Tribune: